July was quite the crazy month! I just moved into a new apartment this past weekend (stay tuned for photos in the future!), so packing consumed my life! It was crazy how much stuff I have and how much more stuff I still need to get. Is anyone interested in a tips on moving post? Because I’ve learned a TON (pro tip: Craigslist is a lifesaver!).
I also celebrated the anniversary of my move to Philadelphia one year ago! I wrote the post 11 Things I’ve Learned About Living in Philadelphia since I’ve learned so much during this jam-packed year. I also went on a short vacation with my family to Daufuskie Island and took tons of photos, and I’ll be visiting Chincoteague Island for a long weekend in August!
In the midst of my move and vacation, my beloved Blackberry sent its last text. I now have an iPhone and while I probably text 2 words per minute on the touch screen (can we please bring back keyboards?), it is nice having more apps to use.
So since July was such a hectic month, I’m really looking forward to August being more relaxed!
Clockwise from top left
1. I went to my first Phillies game! They lost, but it was still an awesome experience
2. I got crab fries from Chickie’s and Pete’s, so I think I’m a true Philadelphian now
3. July 4th was pretty rainy and gross, but I did get fireworks at the Phillies game
4. Annika is my little backseat driver for all my car trips!
1. Boarding the ferry for Daufuskie Island!
2. Even though I was on vacation, I made sure I got up early enough to see the sunrise on the beach, and it was so worth it (lots more pictures of it on my Daufuskie Island post!)
3. Lying on the empty beach under the palm trees was so relaxing
4. It was a little cloudy during the sunset, but it was still a beautiful sight
1. This was the first picture I took with my iPhone! I was trying to figure out how to work it while Annika napped on my feet, so I took advantage of her being still to test out my camera
2. As I said in my last post, Annika loves exploring all the parks around Philly!
3. This one is really random; on a Friday while most of my coworkers were out on vacation, the remaining employees decided to drive around, and we happened to find the oldest immigration and quarantine center in North America, even older than Ellis Island! I didn’t have my Nikon on me, but I’ll definitely go back and take pictures for a post in the future!
I’m so excited that another one of my photos was featured by Holl and Lane Magazine! 🙂
That is my crazy July at a glance! I’m sure I’ll be posting more since August won’t be so hectic (once I finish unpacking, that is), so don’t forget to follow me on Instagram for updates!