I did a TON in November and was out of town every single weekend, so I’m looking forward to a more relaxing December (plus, I love Christmastime!). If you read last month’s Instagram post, you read that I was going on a 10 day trip to Mexico mid-November, and it was amazing! I’m still going through all my pictures (you don’t even want to know how many I took), so I will hopefully have my first post on my trip soon. I did post some to Instagram already, so you’ll get a sneak peek of my trip in this post!
Other than Mexico, I went to a wedding in NC at the beginning of November and then celebrated Thanksgiving in NJ right after getting back from Mexico. I couldn’t get enough of the fall colors in Philadelphia, and I posted some of my favorite blog posts to date in November. I have posts on Boathouse Row (featuring one of my favorite photographs!), Fall in Philadelphia, and a special guest photography series about seasonal and life transitions. I also wrote an article for Acculturated on the importance of Thanksgiving and how Bob’s Burgers gets it right and one for Louisa May Alcott’s birthday (November really kept me busy!).
I don’t have many plans in December other than travelling home for Christmas, but I am planning on seeing as many Christmas decorations around Philadelphia as I can! I’m also offering my photo editing services to edit Christmas card photos and I have already finished my first one (you can check out the before and after images here), so contact me if you or your family needs help editing or taking Christmas card photos. And if you need some help with Christmas shopping, be sure to check out my holiday gift guide post where I have 14 Christmas gift ideas and a list of some awesome gift guides my blogger friends have created!
Clockwise from top left
1. I started off November with having one of my photographs featured in Holl and Lane Magazine! I have exciting news for their January issue that I’ll be announcing soon 🙂 If you haven’t heard of the magazine, you can check it out here
2. I announced that I’m offering writing and editing as well as photography and photo editing services, which I’m really excited about! You can get more information on my Work With Me page
3. You may know that I’m obsessed with Scandinavia (I worked it into my About Me page a few times), and my older brother gave me a Nordic cookbook that Matt and I finally tested out. It turned out pretty amazing, and I will definitely be trying out new recipes!
4. I didn’t take too many photos of Annika since I was travelling so much in November, but she has been absolutely loving the leaves and colder weather
1. It’s a long story why I loved this corn car in Mexico so much, but basically there’s a huge tradition at the college I went to called Cornhuskin’ so I had to take a picture of this for my Meredith College ladies
2. We had a few cloudy and rainy days in Mexico, but I got some nice fog shots!
3. We also had some amazing warm and sunny days when we went sightseeing, and the sky was so pretty
4. I was amazed how green everything in Mexico was, which is quite different from Philadelphia this time of year!
1. I absolutely loved all the ornate doors and colorful buildings in Mexico!
2. There were lots of pretty squares with beautiful buildings and cathedrals in Mexico
3. This was one of my favorite houses in Mexico. I absolutely love the color, ornate ironwork, tiles, and round door, and I bet the inside was even prettier!
If you follow me on Instagram, get ready for some Christmas photos! What adventures did you take in November and what do you have planned for December? Comment below! 🙂